SOL20 Day 4

Fear

As I was trying to think of something to write today, I admit it, I googled "writing prompts" -I just couldn't think of something today. What came up? "Write about a fear you have." So that had me thinking..... what is one of my biggest fears? I came up with the answer pretty quick. Everyone has their fears and mine happens to be bees. Yep, I am a 24 year old who will still take off on a dead sprint until there isn't a bee in sight, and if it comes back I will take off again! You may think I am being dramatic, but I just can't shake this fear. So where did this fear come from? When I was around 6 years old I was walking through the woods with my parents. I was a playful kiddo, and instead of walking over the log on the path we were walking on, of course, I had to step on it. Little did I know there was a HORNET NEST in the log that looked so fun to step on. Hundreds of hornets swarmed and followed me as I tried to run away. They got under my clothes and were stringing me, so my parent ripped my clothing off. I was literally a 6 year old running naked in the woods away from these hornets...LOL. Long story short I think I had anywhere from 30-50 hornet stings all over my body and I remember it being the worst thing ever. So that is why I am still sooooo scared of bees, hornets, yellow jackets...anything yellow that buzzzzzes. 

Comments

  1. Oh, my goodness. That is a fair reason to be afraid. You captured my attention with that description. Yikes! You expressed this horrifying event very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I would be afraid of hornets too! Great, vivid post! I really felt like I was running through the woods with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! 30-50 hornet stings is nothing to laugh at! That must have been terrible - no wonder you are still afraid of bees! And I feel you for writing prompts. Paula Borque, who blogs at https://litcoachlady.com/, is using a bunch of prompts from a Natalie Goldberg book this month. Scrolling through her blog might give you ideas the next time you're stuck - though you sure outdid yourself with this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bees. But hornets? That's another matter! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts