SOL20 Day 9

Monday

On this lovely Monday afternoon I reflect on my crazy busy weekend. On Mondays our student's do weekend news and write/type about what they did over the weekend, so I am going to do the same thing!

Friday after work: I left work, went home to grab my pup and pack a bag, and headed to my hometown, Duluth MN. After I dropped my pup off at my parents house I went to the UMD hockey game with my parents, UMD won both nights, go dogs! Proud Alumni.

Saturday: On Saturday my mom and I went shopping. I found some cute planters, some succulents, and some cute new decorations for my classroom for spring. Hobby Lobby was discounting party decorations only in my FAVORITE color (pretty minty blue green color). It was my lucky day, I got paper lanterns, and hanging decorations in this color to hang from my classroom ceiling for probably 8 bucks. Woohoo! I went home and planted my new succulents, and they turned out too cute! Then my mom and I went for a long walk in the beautiful weather with out doggies. It was so fun!

Sunday: On Sunday it was time to make the small trip home to Hayward, WI. I got home and rested, did laundry, had dinner with my fiance' and got ready for the work week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I sure did!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. I love that you wrote along with your students. You had lots of great finds on Saturday - a teacher's dream. I'm jealous of your succulent purchases - we have been living in a (dim) apartment for 9 months, and a lot of my succulents didn't make it. We're moving back to our house (post-renos) this week & next weekend I'll be on the hunt for more. (And apologies for not commenting last night - we're between places & I didn't have internet!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d love to see the succulents and how they look in your room. Of course, I’m always excited about dog pictures, so bring those on, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fact that you are doing the same exercise you expect of students. That's a healthy habit that we teachers often forget about. Sounds like a perfect weekend chock full of wins big and small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the joyfulness of this slice. Simply recounting the fun of the weekend through writing it like reliving it and then, when you publish it, we get to share in it! I wish I could have joined in the succulent shopping! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grade one teacher at my school does Weekend News! When they arrive in my class for grade 2, they are very good at it, and some of them fall back on it throughout the year when they aren't sure what else to write. It's a great writing prompt for when they are stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writing alongside your students can be so powerful, and the idea of their own news is something that I need to try. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter writes weekend news every Sunday. I’m always on the lookout for things she can write about, in case when she sits down to write she says “I don’t have anything to write about.” It’s a nice practice to reflect on the weekend. Your weekend sounded great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts